Home > Ask A Doctor
Ask A Doctor for Free Back
Question : My wife is bleed for more then 12 days

In Details : ;One day after intercourse she started bleeding;She told her MC was 5 days to come when she started bleeding;Now her MC has not come yet.She is having pain after bleeding and inflammation after and during urine.The bleed is once or twice per day after bath.Kindly help me and prescribe some medicine.We has jist married.

1749 days ago       1 Answer(s)

There could be several causes of bleeding after intercourse

1. an infection such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI) such as chlamydia
2. vaginal dryness (atrophic vaginitis) caused by reduced vaginal secretions
3. damage to the vagina such as tears caused by dryness or friction during sex
4. cervical or endometrial polyps (benign or non-cancerous growths in the womb or the lining of the cervix)
5. cervical ectropion (also known as cervical erosion), where there is an inflamed area on the surface of the cervix

Tests and examinations

Depending on any other symptoms and your medical history, your GP may recommend some tests or examinations, for example:

1. a pregnancy test
2. a pelvic examination (where the GP inserts two fingers into your vagina to feel for anything unusual)
3. looking at the cervix with an instrument called a speculum
4. If the problem is caused by vaginal dryness, they may recommend that you try using lubricating gels.

It is highly recommended that you see a specialist, such as a gynaecologist immediately as the problem is going on for 12 days.
Expert Meetphysicians
Sponsored Listing
Featured Doctors